Lovin' Life

Lovin' Life

Crafts I've Been Doing

Wednesday, July 27, 2011


** Disclaimer: I wrote this blog post at week 28! Label me the worst blogger ever… I don’t mind… it’s the truth!***

Wow! It has been so long since I have updated the blog. Everyday I think to myself, “I really need to get on it,” but then I lay down and usually take a nap and forget about it!

Anyway, you are probably wondering about the numbers above. No we didn’t change our phone number; that is the appointment schedule we have left. One more 4 week appointment, two 2 week appointments, and 4 one week appointments! That makes it seem so close and we have so much left to do! However, I have the whole month of July off, so hopefully I can get everything on our list done at that time!

Over the last eight weeks we have been really busy. I say that every post but really this time I’m serious! Since the last post we have installed a new plug in our bathroom, a new plug in the hallway (this way we can have a nightlight to see as we stumble into the nursery to appease little Kylie when she begins to cry), and installed a dimmer in the nursery. Our apartment is about 900 years old; when it was built they didn’t install a fan in the bathroom so it gets really moldy in there during the winter when we can’t open the window to let the moisture out. So Jeff tore apart most of the walls, removed all of the mold, resealed the bath tub and shower, resealed the window and the baseboards, then painted. Let me tell you, it looks SO much better and I love the new colors we have gone with. We also bought a hideous and stinky dresser off our local classifieds (KSL.com). Then Jeff aired it out, cleaned it, painted it and added new knobs, it looks amazing!! We also painted the nursery. I say we in all these DIY projects but really most of it is Jeff’s doing. I get started then I get impatient and just want it to be done so I leave and let Jeff finish just in time for me to come back and say, “wow, we did such a great job!” Also, my sweet Daddy-O bought Kylie Bug her crib so we assembled that after we painted and slowly but surely the nursery is coming along. All the pictures of the nursery will be in a special post soon.

As for Kylie, she is one happy healthy baby! At our last appointment she was measuring really tall. This makes sense. Remember in our 20 week ultrasound she had really long legs that put her arriving 2 weeks early. Well, she’s still all legs apparently! And man can I feel those legs, they are long and strong!

As for my health, I had to drink the nasty glucose drink last appointment and really it wasn’t all that bad! A little thick, but I love orange Fanta so, I just pretended I was drinking Fanta and it went down pretty easily. I was only 4 points away from failing the test however, so they told me to stay away from sugars during the pregnancy… yeah right!! Now for the part I didn’t want to share with anyone but since this is a log to help us remember our life, I guess I should be honest. I have tried to hide the fact that my pregnancy hasn’t been all roses and I think I’ve done a good job but again I must be honest. So, over the last two months I have noticed that my heart wasn’t quite right. About 3-4 times a day it will jump up to around 115-120 bpm. Which is scary and knocks me on my butt for a good half hour until it slows back down to my normal 55-60. So I talked to my doctor about it. He said this is normal for pregnant women to have their heart rate jump up so high because of all the extra mass they carry around. However, he said they usually get these bouts 1-2 times a week not 3-4 times a day. He said I might be dehydrated or hypoglycemic and told me to drink some water and eat some candy (which is funny since they also told me to stay away from sugars!) while I’m having those problems. He said if it didn’t get better that he would refer me to a cardiologist. Well, it didn’t get better, so off to a cardiologist I went. He put a 24 hour heart monitor on me to track my heart rate. After reading the results, it turns out I have an arrhythmia and that my heart is too strong. He said that most people have this arrhythmia but don’t feel it. He said that since my heart was so strong I was actually feeling it. So, all-in-all, it’s a good bad thing!! Another problem I’ve been having is extreme back pain. I have loose joints, which means it doesn’t take much for my joints to slip in and out of their sockets and with the increase of the pregnancy hormone relaxin- which causes joints to relax to allow the baby to pass through easier- it only makes my loose joints worse. So naturally, I screwed up my back before I was pregnant and with the added weight it’s only getting worse. My left hip is shifted and sits about an inch and a half back causing the surrounding muscles and nerves to be inflamed and smooshed, for lack of a better term. So every day I wake up feeling as though I have spent 15 hours gardening and it doesn’t get any better throughout the day! I have these killer pains that shoot down my sciatic nerve all day and there’s nothing we can do about it. I have been going to physical therapy twice a week which has helped the muscle pain but the nerve pain is just getting worse. So, pretty much I feel like a total hypochondriac and that is why I didn’t want anyone to know of the pains I’m having, but again I must be honest!

Sorry for such a long post but it has been almost an entire trimester since I’ve updated so it’s like 3 updates in one… get over it!! I can’t believe we only have 10 weeks left! We can’t wait!! She has such a personality already and we can’t wait to see it in person!!

1 comment:

Chris and Christina said...

I always had heart problems with this little man. I couldn't even sing hymns in church b/c it'd jump to the 120's. Even standing in front of the mirror made it jump. It happened several times throughout the day, everyday. Now post-delivery I'm in the high 40's low 50's. How does that happen? Pregnancy does weird things to ya :)