Lovin' Life

Lovin' Life

Crafts I've Been Doing

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sittin', Waitin', Wishin'

** Disclaimer: This blog was written at week 35!**

Hey, it’s me again… that horrible blogger that waits months and months and even trimesters between updates! Seriously though… I will get better, it may not be right away but I really do plan on keeping this thing current more often so that I don’t have such long posts again!

Yesterday Jeff had a follow-up appointment for his tonsillectomy at 3:30 and then our baby doctor appointment at 4:15. Naturally I was freaking out that we would be late to our baby appointment, especially if Jeff’s doctor was running late. What do you know, Jeff doctor was running 20 minutes late… great!! Well, we rushed through his appointment to rush off to our baby appointment only to sit in the waiting room for about an hour. Does it annoy anyone else that doctors schedule appointments at a certain time but are inevitably late? But heaven forbid if YOU are late to an appointment!! I was always taught to be 15 minutes early to everything. Direct quote from my Daddy-O, “if you’re not 15 minutes early, you’re 15 minutes late.” So when doctors are late it drives me crazy!! Anyway, we finally got in to see the doctor.

Kylie is still thriving and loving life in my belly. She is ginormous and has a healthy heart rate (140 bpm just like every other appointment). I’m 35 weeks now and she is measuring equivalent to 37 weeks. She has always measured 2 weeks bigger than “normal” so maybe, fingers crossed, I won’t have to stick it out all the way to August 24th! The doc checked to make sure she was still head down, sure enough she was. And the best part, though I thought she was still riding high, she has dropped and is sitting very low in my pelvis… does that mean a quick labor?? I hope so!! When he told me she was very low I questioned him because I constantly feel her way up high and I can’t eat nearly as much as I used to. So he felt around and said that she was up high too. Apparently, this stinker doesn’t like the fetal position. Like her dad, she likes to be completely stretched out from head to toe!

I’m doing great. I’ve gained a total of 18 pounds this pregnancy, which is a little below normal but nothing to be concerned about! I’ve learned to manage my heart thing and just try to ignore it when it happens. I just recently stopped going to physical therapy because my back pain has subsided. All in all I feel great… really!

Update of the nursery…

We’ve been working on the nightstand and the changing table. We are painting them white to match the rest of the furniture. For my birthday I got the glider and ottoman. It is so comfy and I can’t wait to rock our angel to sleep in it! Other than those big things, I’ve just been making small little crafts to decorate the room. I can’t wait for it to be finished so I can show off all the pictures!! Soon my friends… very soon!! I hope to have the nursery finished by July 31st, we are getting down to the wire and I need to step up the pace!

Other things that have happened since my last blog…

I love July in Utah!! I said that last year and I’m saying it again! To start off the month Jeff went on a hike up Little Cottonwood Canyon which he loved and can't wait to go back once all the snow melts. Yeah, you heard right, he had to turn around because there was too much snow on the trail and he couldn't figure out where the trail was. He said he would have just kept going but I was already freaking out that he would get lost and he knew I would be very upset if he wasn't home in the time he said he would be home. (So many people have gotten lost this year here in Utah, I was kinda panicky when he told me he wanted to go hiking!) After his hike we went to Provo to sit outside the stadium for Stadium of Fire, our yearly tradition. Remember last year when I had my brush with stardom? Well, nothing that exciting this time but we did have a great time! Jeff’s mom has wanted to go to Stadium of Fire forever so we invited her and Hans to sit outside with us to enjoy the music and see the fireworks. Nothing like being inside the stadium but still really fun! Well, as we were waiting for the show to start, someone from the event staff came up to us and offered us 3 tickets. So Hans and Rhonda got to go in and see Brad Paisley! I’m glad they were able to go inside and enjoy it! On the 4th, we went to our friend’s house for swimming then joined Jeff’s parents for a BBQ. After the BBQ we rejoined our friends and went to the Sandy City fireworks. Last week was Draper Days, so we went to the rodeo -- my first one by the way, the festival, and to the horse pull! All very fun, probably more fun when you’re not pregnant but still much better than sitting around the house! And finally, a very nice family in our ward gave us a window air conditioner… HEAVEN!! Jeff installed it last week. He built a whole frame for it and everything. I wish I had taken pictures but he did it so fast that by the time I thought to get out the camera he was already done! What a good man!

Jeff and I were talking last night that in 5 weeks our life is going to change forever, over night, wither we’re ready for it or not! What an exciting adventure and we are getting so anxious to meet this little girl that has completely consumed our lives for the past 35 weeks! We love her so much and we don’t even know her yet!

No comments: